Third Eye Chakra Meditation
This is the energy center at your third eye, between your eyebrows. It is symbolized by 2 indigo petals. Its sound is OM, and time is the element. The corresponding gland is the pineal gland. It is the center of visualization and intuition. It is represented by purple or indigo.
If this chakra is blocked, we are most likely not listening to our intuition. Depression is a certain result of this: not listening to the inner voice from your spirit is one of the strongest ways to disregard your true self, and this leads to great sadness. Light and awareness are a big part of this chakra.
This chakra functions as the seat of imagination and direct perception. Perhaps, direct perception within the imagination? Concentration and self-mastery are the signs of a strong ajna or third eye chakra.
Problems with sleep and waking are often components of a blocked ajna chakra. Problems with listening to your intuition and using your imagination mean this chakra is blocked. A lack of concentration means there is contraction here, a frozen vortex at your third eye.
This chakra invites you to seeing things in different ways, to perceiving not just through your eyes, but through your spirit. It encourages your see deeper, so you might live more compassion and understanding towards the people around you. It can also connect you to higher realms where universal truths are usually revealed.
We need this place to open up, as it is a major part of co-creating our lives.
Sixth Chakra Meditation:
- Come to a comfortable seat and find your breath. Lift your heart and relax your shoulders. Stay with the breath for a few moments.
- Bring your hands to prayer and then bring your thumbs to the space between your eyebrows.
- Breathe into this space to open up this center with your breath. Imagine a purple light, growing and becoming brighter with each inhale. This light fills up all your senses. Let it grown with each inhale.
- When you exhale, deeply and slowly, say OM, letting go of confusion and depression. Letting go of resistance to imagination and intuition. Intentionally let go on your deep exhales.
- Continue like this for as long as you need to. Let your intention be strong and when you feel you are finished, sit with your palms open on your knees. Wait for insight or positive images.
To nourish this chakra with foods, you should choose dark blue and purple-colored foods like blueberries, grapes or red wine (too much is an imbalance). The high antioxidant levels in these foods helps to nourish the brain and therefore clear up perceptions.